- India Business Journal is committed to protecting the privacy of Internet users. This statement discloses the privacy practices for India Business Journal Group Online, located at https://www.indiabusinessjournal.com
- Questions regarding this statement should be directed to https://www.indiabusinessjournal.com Online at firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting or by calling our main number at .
The information gathered by India Business Journal Online falls into two categories:
(1) information voluntarily supplied by visitors to our websites through optional registration and (2) tracking information gathered as visitors navigate through our sites.
- To make use of certain features on our websites, visitors must provide certain information as part of the registration process. (We may ask, for example, for your name, email address, sex, age, and PIN code, and we might request information on your occupation, interests, and the like.) The information you supply will help us to make https://www.indiabusinessjournal.com Online a better website by allowing us to tailor our site to your interests and make it more useful to you. Supplying such information is entirely voluntary. In some instances, which involve, for example, subscriptions, you may need to provide all the information before the subscription can reach you. We can't deliver your magazines or notify you that you've been lucky enough to win a prize in a promotional contest if we don't know how to contact you. Of course, even if you want to remain completely anonymous, you are still free to take advantage of the wealth of content available on our site without providing any personal information.
- To help make our websites more responsive to the needs of our visitors, we invoke a standard feature of browser software, called a "cookie", to assign each visitor a unique, random number (a sort of user ID) that resides on your computer. The cookie does not personally identify the visitor as an individual; rather, cookies merely identify the computer that a visitor uses to access our sites. Unless you voluntarily identify yourself (through registration, for example), we will have no way of knowing who you are, even if we assign a cookie to your computer. The only personal information a cookie can contain is information you supply (an example of this is when you ask for our Personalised Horoscope). A cookie cannot read data off your hard drive. Our advertisers may also assign their own cookies to your browser (if you click on their ads), a process that we do not control.
- Our web servers automatically collect limited information about your computer's connection to the Internet, including your IP address, when you visit our websites. (Your IP address is a number that lets computers attached to the Internet know where to send you data -- such as the web pages you view.) Your IP address does not identify you personally. We use this information to deliver our web pages to you upon request, to tailor our websites to the interests of our users, to measure traffic within our websites and let advertisers know the geographic locations from where our visitors come.
- When we present information to our advertisers -- to help them understand our audience and confirm the value of advertising on our websites -- it is usually in the form of aggregated statistics on traffic to various pages within our sites. If you do register with https://www.indiabusinessjournal.com Online, we may, from time to time, contact you about content and features that we believe may be of interest to you.
- All information gathered on India Business Journal Online is securely stored within the India Business Journal Online-controlled database. The database is stored on servers secured behind a firewall; access to the servers is password-protected and is strictly limited. However, as effective as our security measures are, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. And, of course, any information you include in a posting to the discussion areas is available to anyone with Internet access.
- If you do not want the benefit of cookies, there is a simple process to manually delete your cookies. Please consult your web browser's Help documentation for more information on this process.